Cobra Scenario Paintball Team Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Forums (Public) > PAINTBALL EQUIPMENT AND MAINTENANCE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Phenom Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
COBRA
COBRA
Casual observer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRINDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 8:54am
On their site, they list:

16" Straightline™  X7 UMP Shroud 
Pathfinder 14" Barrel 
X7 X36 Carry Handle 
X7 Air-Thru Commando Stock 
X7 X36 Folding Stock 
X7 AK-47 Foregrip 
X7 X36 Foregrip 
X7 AK-47 Sight 
X7 XP Foregrip 
X7 Collapsible Car Stock 
X7 XP-SD Shroud (Short) 
X7 LP Cyclone Hopper 
X7 XP5 Mag (Curved) 
X7 M16 Carry Handle 
X7 XP5 Mag (Straight) 
X7 M16 Sight 
X7 XP5-SD Shroud (Long) 
X7 M16 Vertical Handle 
X7® Flatline® Barrel 
X7 UMP Mag 

I believe the cyclone upgrades will work. The cyclone appears to be the same size and design.
Joker View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 9:37am
No, they redesigned the cyclone. They reworked the materials as well as the design too.

Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. You will be 1 mile away and you will have their shoes

GRINDER View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Casual observer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRINDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 9:42am

Yeah, but I bet the paddles still fit, I bet the cyclone ratchet will fit and possibly the lightning rods. NO? I guess I'll have to take it apart.

Joker View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 10:26am
There shouldn't be a need to mod the cyclone. They have a newer design and they tested the squshies also. If you want to, go ahead, but you shouldn't need to for the Phenom. I talked to the engineer at length about that yesterday.
Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. You will be 1 mile away and you will have their shoes

GRINDER View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Casual observer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRINDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 10:39am
I was planning on just doing some testing to see. But I wouldn't put it past TechT to come out with new Phenom parts.
Greyskull View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
"MILKSHAKE"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyskull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 11:13am

Man I cant wait to see the Phenom fire!  I like what I heard about two new markers on the market right now:  The TM15 and the Phenom.  Both sound like super bad a$$ milsim markers.  It just shows you how much the industry has changed in the last 3 years. 

hey how do you change the battery in the Phenom, is it hard to get to?
   When you pray to the PAINTBALL GODS, Know this... I do listen!

Veritas + Aequitas
Wamba View Drop Down
Command Sergeant
Command Sergeant
No way, get real...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 11:27am
The Phenom shoots very nicely.  Smoother and much quieter than the X7 pureblood.

I'm not a HUGE fan of how small it is, however as Conley has already demonstrated you can adjust size to taste with stocks, shrouds and the like.  It's a very nice marker, IMO.
Crucible View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Coyote's sidekick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crucible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:17am
In anticipation of the upcoming game at Tactical I took the plunge today and placed my order for the new Phenom. I should be receiving it on Friday, along with my new German fleck. Given my last experience with chopping balls at Tactical I am tempted to try and test fire the same brand of balls before the next game just to make sure I'm not going to have any problems with those thin skinned balls. Chances are it was the weather, but I want to eliminate as many variables as i can before the next game.
"Nuts!" - General Anthony Clement McAuliffe

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - George S. Patton
Joker View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 6:54am
The air through adapters should be shipping soon. The designer sent me what he had. That means they are in production now.

Greyskull View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
"MILKSHAKE"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyskull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 1:41pm
Hey Phenom users..
Did you ever have a chance to really look at the cyclone feed?  Is the rachet, squishes, and etc the same as the X7 cyclone?  I know they modified the X7 alittle from the A5.
Just curious, is all. 

When you pray to the PAINTBALL GODS, Know this... I do listen!

Veritas + Aequitas
signpimp View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
"LUNCHMEAT"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 1:50pm
it looks different...the paddles are green and softer.  The ratchet looks the same.  I'm thinking of ordering the spares kit just to see what's in it.  The marker only comes with one extra o-ring, the correct allen wrenches, a barrel sock, instruction, manual, and some lube (barrel grease/ratchet grease).
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." --Will Rogers
blxdragon View Drop Down
Private
Private

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blxdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 4:43pm
Hey sound like you guys have alot of experience with the Phenom.  I'm planning to upgrade my x7 but if this is working out of the box with out any internal upgrade needed then I rather sell my x7 and go with this one.  Let me know if this is a good idea.
Stanley View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Naked Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 1:17pm

Dude, I don't have one personally but I've seen all the guys using them, and let me tell you the second I get the chance to own one I'm making it happen. This g*n is amazing! I could go on and on talking about all the advancements they've made with this g*n, but I believe everybody else has already done so. Yes it is still and X7, butt the differences are almost night and day. Plus, I need a new project marker since I've modded out my X7.Unhappy Just another GREAT Tippmann product.

signpimp View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
"LUNCHMEAT"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 7:09pm
I like the trigger pull on my X7 e-grip better than my X7 Phenom.  I'm keeping both, they both have their place in my stable.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." --Will Rogers
Stanley View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Naked Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 7:14pm

Heck yeah.! I should have updated this after I saw them in action at D-Day. I saw a lot of straight shootin and not one problem with anybodys g*n all day long. They're definetly worth upgrading and starting a new project.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic