Cobra Scenario Paintball Team Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Forums (Public) > PAINTBALL EQUIPMENT AND MAINTENANCE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro Tec is putting out some sweet helmets now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
COBRA
COBRA
Krypto-naught

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roughneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro Tec is putting out some sweet helmets now
    Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 12:54am

Just browsing around saw some nice Helmets with rail mounts ..  Pro Tec  has really gone tactical and they look good ,  I do know they fit over most goggles 

Cobra Team Captain

Est. 2007

COBRA LEADS THE WAY

signpimp View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
"LUNCHMEAT"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 10:39am
oh, it's on!  I'm gonna check into that.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." --Will Rogers
GRINDER View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Casual observer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRINDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 11:06am
Roughneck has to wear one of these... http://www.pthelmets.com/products.asp?cat=57
Roughneck View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Krypto-naught

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roughneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 11:14am

I wish I could ....  !!!!     

I am however thinking of looking into the PT  A-Alpha half shell ..   Be pretty nice to do CQB in without getting a bunch of lumps on my dome

Cobra Team Captain

Est. 2007

COBRA LEADS THE WAY

cobra_ghost1 View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
"EL COLOMBIANO!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobra_ghost1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 11:47am
Very nice sir, they come in OD green already, very good, I may get one of those as well. they offer very good options like pre-drilled holes for NVG or velcro for the flags.
Roughneck View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Krypto-naught

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roughneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 11:49am

Yup I liked that alot including the rail mounts for Cams 

Cobra Team Captain

Est. 2007

COBRA LEADS THE WAY

cobra_ghost1 View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
"EL COLOMBIANO!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobra_ghost1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 11:52am

the price is really good and you cant find a helmet out there now with that level or accessories already on it or customized that way unless you do it your self. if and when you are ready to order let me know and we can order 2 or more if more people are really interested.

JM
Scorp View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Den Sister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:01pm
I'm interested. Just curious if it would fit on my goggles =/
Radioactivehobo View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radioactivehobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Roughneck Roughneck wrote:

I wish I could ....  !!!!     

I am however thinking of looking into the PT  A-Alpha half shell ..   Be pretty nice to do CQB in without getting a bunch of lumps on my dome

I hear you. I got shot a few times at close range in the head by a guy shooting hot at WWS. Hurt like hell. I wonder if they work with JT Xfire goggles.
Crucible View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Coyote's sidekick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crucible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:00pm
I think a helmet would be a great addition too. I got shot on the very top of my head during TOS and it put me on my knees. My only concern is how it will fit. The one Roughneck is discussing does look like the best suited for paintball goggles. My problem is that I have a huge head and sometimes these one size fits all crap doesn't work for me.    
"Nuts!" - General Anthony Clement McAuliffe

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - George S. Patton
Helmet View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
SLOW DOWN HELMO!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:18pm
As a professional wear-er of helmet's I can say those are pretty sweet.

BUT, Toasty is already hookin' me up when he gets leave in march with a similar helmet.

COOBRAA!!
Roughneck View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Krypto-naught

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roughneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 6:23pm

Well they do have different sizes its on the drop down bar on the menu page , which one fits you got me ..     I know Ghost has one of these helmets ,  I have a Vforce Profiler right now ..

Cobra Team Captain

Est. 2007

COBRA LEADS THE WAY

Crucible View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Coyote's sidekick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crucible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 8:55pm
Yeah, I saw the drop down box.  I would love to find one that fits my mask and my head.  I whipped out the tape measure at the office today and measured the circumfrence of my head at 60-62CM's.  That's right at the cusp of XL.  What can I say Ive got a huge head.

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - George S. Patton
Coyote View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
CRUCIBLE's SIDEKICK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 11:11pm
Crucible - don't be so down on yourself.  Your head isn't that big... for a planet.  Thankfully the gravitational pull from that melon isn't too strong.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Crucible View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Coyote's sidekick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crucible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 7:06am
"I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow." "HEAD! MOVE!"
- M. Meyer

These guys are selling helmets, noticeably more expensive, for those individuals with plus size heads.  60-64 CM's  It is sold out of China so hopefully it wont be a slow boat.  Recent purchases from similar web sights have taken up to three weeks for delivery.
http://www.ebairsoft.com/mich-2001-helmet-with-dummy-sopmod-mount-p-2748.html

Smitty View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 8:00am
Does anyone know how these helmets fit with with PB masks?  if so, what masks will fit well?

Edited by Smitty - 18 Feb 2010 at 8:01am
It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
Douglas MacArthur
Helmet View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
SLOW DOWN HELMO!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Crucible Crucible wrote:

"I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow." "HEAD! MOVE!"
- M. Meyer

These guys are selling helmets, noticeably more expensive, for those individuals with plus size heads.  60-64 CM's  It is sold out of China so hopefully it wont be a slow boat.  Recent purchases from similar web sights have taken up to three weeks for delivery.
http://www.ebairsoft.com/mich-2001-helmet-with-dummy-sopmod-mount-p-2748.html

this is where toasty is getting my mask for me from. The sopmods have removable pads on the inside to allow a better fit for whatever mask you use.

I'm getting the usmc swat style one of that website. Low profile, light weight, and it breaths.

COOBRAA!!
Smitty View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 9:20am
I was looking at that same one.  The other one i liked is sold out.  I just recently ordered from a Chinese Airsoft company from Ebay for and ACOG scope and was here in no time.  They actually sent me 2 by accident.  I hope this place is the same.  Chinese new year just ended so they should all be back to work by now.  Thanks for the info
Douglas MacArthur
Smitty View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:51pm
Ok so I decided to order my helmet from rap4. Hope it wasn't a mistake. Looked good and was the right price!
Douglas MacArthur
GRINDER View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Casual observer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRINDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:56pm
Hey Smitty, post the link to the helmet you ordered. I want to check it out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic