Cobra Scenario Paintball Team Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Discussions (Public) > GAMING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Retro Gaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Command Sergeant
Command Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toasty13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retro Gaming
    Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 12:27am
So some of you know I'm a big retro gamer. I try to collect as much of the stuff as I can. So because of this I started a page for retro gaming in Houston. Stop by and check it out. also any likes would be appreciated!

www.facebook.com/houstonretrogamers

but this also bring me to my main question : What was your favorite console and what games where your favorites?

Mine is the NES with games such as Zelda, Mario 3, and Contra!

Edited by toasty13 - 26 Feb 2013 at 12:31am
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell on a BBC broadcast, April 4, 1942.
signpimp View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
"LUNCHMEAT"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:22am
I've been following your page for a while.  While I do enjoy gaming a lot, I don't think I'm a true gamer in most circles.  There are lots of games I used to like playing, but I don't go back and play them.  I have hacked consoles and ROMS on my computer, but after playing modern games.....playing an old game just wastes my time.  I like the better graphics and more precise controls of the new games much better.  I have a bunch of old consoles and hand helds, but I think it's just to say that I have them...because I don't play them.

With that being said, my favorite old games are mostly football related.  Tecmo Bowl (Nintendo NES), Cyber Ball (Arcade version), and Joe Montana Football (Sega Genesis). Next up would be a tie between MotoGP and SOCOM on PS2.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." --Will Rogers
A P P R O A C H View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA

Arashikage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A P P R O A C H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 10:37am
I think that I've surely logged in more time in to my xbox360 than any other console.
And with games like Skyrim(& all other Bethesda's RPG's), Rainbow 6 Vegas, the Left 4 Dead series & 
The Borderlands series, I have to move Xbox into number 1.

That being said nes was beyond great growing up and I'd like to add Castlevania and Metroid to toasy's 3 to create my top 5. So nes number 2.

Super Nes number 3 solely because of 007 Goldeneye.

With an Honorable mention to Socom on ps2 for opening my eyes to online vs. gaming & turning my talents loose on the internet.

Edited by A P P R O A C H - 26 Feb 2013 at 10:41am
Man is born free, yet everywhere he lives in chains - Some French Dude.
GRINDER View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Casual observer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRINDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 10:44am
I remember playing Castlevania on Commodore 64. I loved games like Karateka on Apple IIe. Too many to remember.
toasty13 View Drop Down
Command Sergeant
Command Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toasty13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 12:49pm
im smelling trolls
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell on a BBC broadcast, April 4, 1942.
signpimp View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
"LUNCHMEAT"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 3:35pm
Wow, I remember Castlevania on Commodore 64 also, and Karateka was my favorite way back in 6th grade...LOL...

You went super old school Grinder!!  My favorite console is the PS3.  I didn't get a NES until 10 years ago (played a lot of Contra at my cousin's house on that thing).  My first console was a Magnavox Odyssey II with I recently put in the garbage can.  It worked, and I had the box, but I didn't have any games and it wasn't worth the effort to buy any.  My next console was the Sega Genesis and I still have it with several games, but I mostly played Joe Montana and Sonic.  Remember the Coleco Vision???  My friend had one with an adapter that would let you play all the Atari games on it....Decathlon, Defender...were a couple of my faves...

ahhh...the memories
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." --Will Rogers
toasty13 View Drop Down
Command Sergeant
Command Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toasty13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 2:11am
dont  you ever throw em away ever!! even if they dont work! I had a hard time burring my xbox in iraq when it dies...sad days....f**k you sand storms!
Dutch View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Pass the Dutch-E

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 1:27pm
Ah, the Odessy II. I had that as a kid. It was a step up from the Odessy I in that it used removeable cartridges. Odessy I had three games built-in selected from a toggle switch.
Losing his train of thought since 1974
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic