Cobra Scenario Paintball Team Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Forums (Public) > PAINTBALL EQUIPMENT AND MAINTENANCE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone have a spare Vortex Mod SS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
COBRA
COBRA
Pass the Dutch-E

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone have a spare Vortex Mod SS?
    Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 9:27am

This is a longshot, but I'll never know if I don't ask. The ratchet in my cyclone feeder (which is who knows how old) has worn teeth that cause the ratcheting action to slip and the paddles to not advance a full rotation. This of course prevents the balls from feeding, which probably explains why kept missing people from 15 feet away at DFWAP last month (I didn't miss - I didn't even shoot!)

So, I'm going to replace the worn, plastic ratchet with the TechT Vortex Mod SS, a stainless steel upgrade that must surely remedy the problem. However, the TechT website has the Vortex on back order, and I want to solve this issue before Saturday. I'm going to call Pro Edge and probably the TXR pro shop today, but I'm covering all bases to see if any COBRA have one laying around that I could buy.

Edited by Dutch - 10 Apr 2013 at 10:35am
Losing his train of thought since 1974
GRINDER View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Casual observer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRINDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 9:54am
We have spare parts. I may have one. I will check.
Dutch View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Pass the Dutch-E

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 10:00am
Awesome, thanks Grinder.
GRINDER View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Casual observer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRINDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 10:05am
I have a stock ratchet. I can bring it Friday. It's the black shaft with the teeth. Then the white ratchet. It's old, I think I replaced with the TechT a couple years ago.
Dutch View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Pass the Dutch-E

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 10:35am
I'd only need the black shaft and not the rachet itself. I'll let you know ASAP if I find another replacement.

Thanks again.
A P P R O A C H View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA

Arashikage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A P P R O A C H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 10:41am
Dutch needs "the black shaft" haha. (Nelson voice)
Man is born free, yet everywhere he lives in chains - Some French Dude.
Ironsights View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironsights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 10:46am
You wanna see my low hanging fruit?
Dutch View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Pass the Dutch-E

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 10:47am
I tried to word it another way. I really did. I knew someone was going to pick the low-hanging fruit.

Let's see who can be the first to make a joke about cocking the marker and pressure release.
COBRA
COBRA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironsights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 10:47am
You wanna see my low hanging fruit?
Joker View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 12:49pm
LOL - these guys fit right in...
Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. You will be 1 mile away and you will have their shoes

COBRA
COBRA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironsights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:29pm
Thats what she said.
Dutch View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
Pass the Dutch-E

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:38pm

Grinder - I called Pro Edge and they're going to save a Vortex for me. Thanks for the offer - I figure I'll replace it with something that will outlast me.

Ironsights - If you show me your low-hanging fruit, banana or grapes, I'm going to use them for target practice.
signpimp View Drop Down
COBRA
COBRA
"LUNCHMEAT"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:41pm
LULZ....

I also have new spares if you need one. 
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." --Will Rogers
COBRA
COBRA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironsights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 8:08pm
Not much practice in hitting large objects bro. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic